Sunday, October 16, 2011

Minnesota

Our trip to Minnesota was the first time Hartz and I flew somewhere alone. I was quite nervous, which was shown by my uncontrollable shaking after we got through the security line in Orlando. However, my baby seriously made flying and the trip in general way fun. It was an amazing visit seeing so many family members in such a short span of time. Here was our timeline.. kinds felt like we were on the amazing race.

Friday, September 30th:  Flew into Minneapolis and stayed at Carla's beautiful home (my mom's 1st cousin). Ione was waiting for baby Hartz patiently.


Saturday, October 1st: We hung out at Carla's home in the morning (Hartz napped) and then we headed out to John and Loretta's lakehouse around lunchtime. Hartz LOVED the lake. He hung out with 2nd cousins twice removed (who knows the exact family relation.. only Jennie would!) Leif (age 2), Audi (age 5) and Sierra (age 11). Sierra took a babysitting class that morning so I hired her for Ione's party the following day... didn't turn out exactly how she wanted. After a delicious meal at the lake, Hartz and I took off to pick up my cousin, Ben, and head to Rochester to see my Uncle Fred and Aunt Sherry (Ben's folks). We ate again and got Hartz to bed before 10pm I think. ha. Was a great visit that ended with a game of pitch. We won't discuss who won.

Auntie Carol teaching
Hartz to play piano
Sierra and Hartz
 

The Boys


This is how I found Hartz when we stopped to pick up Ben.. I readjusted car seat so his neck no longer  flopped forward... poor boy.

Sunday, October 2nd: We got up early and attended church with the Rengstorf Family. They actually encourage all ages to stay in the service, so Hartz attended his first full church service (with some exits with Aunt Sherry and Mama).
Then Ben and I headed back so we could get to the big 95th birthday bash (sadly, I have no pictures from Rochester and the Rengstorfs). Hartz and I got back to Carla's and had a little downtime and then headed over to Ione's place for the festivities. We had food, wine, and of course BROWN BAG BINGO. Ione would never miss an opportunity to surprise us with amazing gifts... this time I won White Rain Hairspray (didn't even know that they made it still). 
Ione and Hartz oooing at the balloon
Hartz enjoying Ione's Patio



Fall Leaves! 
Wondering why the guy won't talk back?! 

Monday, October 3rd: Auntie Ione took us all out to breakfast at Perkins. Hartz slept through the entire thing. Then we headed to the airport to head home. 

Chilling at the Minneapolis airport. 

1 comment:

  1. what an awesome trip! little H is such a great travel buddy!

    ReplyDelete