Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder...

Today is day 3 of Chris being gone on a work trip to Kansas City. You would think that I would be loving my time of being a bachelorette...ahem... with a 13 month old.

I mean there are a few pros of being a loner for the week.
The pros:
1. Fruit loops with marshmellows for dinner.
2. No one thinking that I might be a little messy when they get home from work.
3. Less laundry.

However, there are way more cons...guess that is why most people desire a mate in life.
The cons:
1. I had to haul the stinky trash can off the street.
2. There is no one to clean up Hartz's mess after dinner while I give him a bath. (It was still there even after he was sparkling clean in his jammies)
3. The cabinets remain open after I rummage through them and forget to close them.
4. No one for Hartz to wave bye to in the morning and say "da da" to...
5. When 4:30pm comes around I am still alone with a kid.. 5:30pm still alone.. 6:30..
6. No dinner conversation except trying desperately to get my kid to use sign language instead of screeching for more avocado.
7. Watching "Chopped" alone just isn't as much fun.

I miss my husband. There are a lot of sappy reasons too, but I will spare you.



No comments:

Post a Comment