Monday, August 8, 2011

my mom

My mom was a super amazing lady. I can't believe it has been 9 years since we lost her. 9 years since I last saw her sitting, reading a book to her 2nd graders and I was able to give her a quick hug before I headed home... only to be awoken by a phone call while I took a quick cat nap on the couch before dinner. It has been 9 years, but I still can feel everything if I let myself.

I sometimes think that 8/8 is my day to just let my emotions pour out and truly let myself miss her. I think through all the things that she should be here for...especially all her grand babies. It still seems so unfair and brings me back to those months after she died when I would listen to Bebo Norman's song "Rita" over and over in the car. The main lyrics that brought me comfort were these:

Your broken body, it cannot weather
The years your youth still longs to spend
So go down graceful, sleep with the angels
And wake up whole again

'˜Cause it was not your time; that`s a useless line
A fallen world took your life


I needed to know that the pain of loss was not what God ever wanted and it wasn't His plan. This world is fallen and makes me so thankful to know the hope that rests in Jesus Christ and to know exactly who my mom is with.

1 comment:

  1. So glad I found your blog and that we can keep up with one another this way. Praying for you today my friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete