Tuesday, August 9, 2011

first steps

On August 5, 2011, Hartz Christopher Van Slyke took his first steps. Aunt Amber and Charlie Belle were staying with us since that's what we do when our men are out of town. Hartz had been standing "with no hands" for about 1/2 day and he was so proud of himself when he would let go for 2 seconds and fall over. Amber was holding him and he stood up and lunged forward towards me. Amber said, "he took steps!" and I thought no way, he just fell into my arms. But you know she is a doctor, so we tried again... sure enough he took 2 steps. We cheered and I was overflowing with pride for my boy. I dreaded texting daddy, who was out of town for work... his reply was something along the lines of "tie him down, don't let him move, stop him, wait till I get home" ...

Here is a video from August 8th where Hartz finally let us catch him in the act.


No comments:

Post a Comment