Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Five Year Retrospective


Chris here. Heather and I just celebrated five years. So I'm offering up a little retrospective of our last five anniversaries!

0. Our wedding day! The night before the wedding was a little crazy, so I was a little under the weather, but everything else about our wedding was awesome. Heather looked great. The food was great. Everything went off without a hitch.


1. Year One. We celebrated our first anniversary in beautiful New Mexico. My parents own a condo in Taos and they graciously let us borrow it for a long weekend. We rented a car and we got a PT Cruiser convertible! I guess that's cool. This pic is us driving up into the mountains with the top down. Hair blowin in the wind. Not a care in the world.



2. Year Two was spent at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Thankfully we got upgraded to the Executive Floor (or something like that). Free hors d'oeuvres, drinks, coffee, the whole nine yards. This is us getting ready for our romantic dinner. We had seafood. Nothing but the best for my bride!


3. Year Three: Savannah. We stayed at some hotel right downtown. It was real swank, and haunted too. We traipsed around the city during the day and hit up all the tourist spots. The highlight for me was our lunch at Fuddruckers. Heather loves that place. We did class it up one night and eat at a fancy restaurant (the Pink House), but we headed over to Outback after dinner for some drinks so I think that cancels it out. The above pic is us right after we checked out our hotel room. I'm wearing the exact same shirt right now!


4. Year Four: ????? Neither of us really can remember exactly how we spent this anniversary. Hartz was only a couple of months old, so we were both pretty frazzled. I think we went to Houston's, but I know for sure that I did get her some flowers and I have a picture to prove it.


5. Year Five: Kansas City. For our fifth, we wanted to do something huge. So we decided on the biggest city of them all... Kansas City (Missouri side of course). Well actually, I had to go up there for work and Heather decided to tag along and visit her sister. The Walkers were total troopers and babysat Hartz overnight so we could go out and celebrate. We stayed at the Southmoreland Bed and Breakfast in the Plaza area near downtown KC. The place was gorgeous and Heather was a little surprised and nervous for leaving her little baby, but he was in good hands.
We splurged and stayed in the Carriage House. The room was cozy, the weather was beautiful and we even had a bottle of sherry next to the bed. We walked down to a restaurant called Starker's for a fancy dinner among Kansas City's elite. Heather got a steak. I went with the halibut.
We finally had a chance to sleep in a little, but were able to drag ourselves down for a wonderful breakfast. Above is a picture of me checking my blood sugar before eating the pineapple dulce de leche. The main course was some sort of egg dish. It was delightful. Heather snapped a pic and said "This one's for Brittany."
Looking back at all the things we've gotten to do over the last five years makes me feel pretty lucky. There's no one else in the world I'd rather spend time with than my beautiful wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment