Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kansas City Trip

We got super lucky when we heard Chris had to go back to Kansas City, Fort Leavenworth to be exact.. which meant Hartz and I could tag along and visit the Walkers as well as some of the other Teske Family.

Our journey began on September 5th with a morning, non-stop flight. Hartz did amazing. Auntie Amber recommended a smoothie in his straw sippy cup during lift off to help with ear pressure (genius) and after nursing a little, Hartz was fast asleep for an hour. The rest of the flight he explored some of his new toys (slinkie!!) and watched some cool stuff on the IPad.

He loved looking out the window and smiling at all the people behind us. No one seemed bothered by his sweet self.




We landed in Kansas City and got in the rental car and made the 30 minute trek to Blue Springs to the new Walker Home. It is absolutely beautiful and I didn't realize how good it would feel to hug my family. We brought a couple treats for Joe and Tes. I think mustaches and tattoos make us the coolest aunt and uncle ever.



Our days were filled with tons of cousin playtime and beautiful weather. Hartz walked like he had never walked before and was spoiled rotten with new toys and fun people around the clock.

Joe was pretty fond of his cousin who can walk and play now. He even told me one evening that "Hartz is so adorable, Auntie"



Tes loved Hartz too. She was able to read Hartz's mind a lot. She would tell me "Auntie, I think he needs his water" or "Auntie, Hartz wants me to play with that toy (the toy he was holding)"




Hartz has learned a new trick. Joe and Tes wanted to experience the fun as well.


























Saturday we headed out to Deanna Rose Homestead. My cousin, Tonya and her family came, as well as my dad and Jean. It was $2 to get in and it was a full out petting zoo.. where they also have pony rides and fishing with live worms you put on the hook yourself (ick). Hartz was particularly fond of the area where you were able to feed goats with bottles of milk. He loved petting and chasing after the goats. Trust me we washed hands well, especially since daddy refused to enter the area due to the memory of the ecoli outbreak of 2001 at the Strawberry Festival petting zoo. ha.




















It was a really great trip. Here are a few more cute pictures from the week.







3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, your boy is cute. I love seeing the fun things he's doing! love you, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy!! MIss you around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly!! Look at all those big kids!! Have I mentioned that I love your blog? Well, I LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete